What Is The Punishment For Contributing To The Delinquency Of A Minor ?

What Is The Punishment For Contributing To The Delinquency Of A Minor ?

I also got caught with marijuana(in tustin C.A.) but it wasnt even half a gram and i was the only one using it. Then this i guy i was with said he had a cigaratte and the cop never found it. I got contributing to the delquency of a minor for the cigarrate and i cant even buy cigarrate cuz i dont hav my ID.



Daniel says:

Look at California Penal Code Section 272. If its a misdemeanor the MAX is a $2,500.00 fine and/or not more than a year in jail/probation not more than 5 years.
Edit.. If it’s a first offense your gonna get slapped on the wrist.. won’t be too painful. Probably 30 days with the option to do community service or the electronic monitor program and maybe three years of informal probation.

David C says:

You did not mention your age. If you are over 18 years of age the charge is a misdemeanor and the punishment can be jail or fine or both.
Since the policeman did not find any cigarette on your minor friend, there is no evidence to support the charge. Especially in view of the fact that you lacked the ability to even purchase cigarettes. You should plead not guilty and have the charge dismissed.
If the contributing charge included the possession of the marijuana, then you would be guilty.
Good luck.

Bob W says:

Go online to your states official website, they should link you to the judicial department, there you will find all your state statutes and the penalties are listed there.

Write a comment